It is Smart Choice Landscape Company’s goal to be an industry leader in sustainability. As with most companies, there is always an environmental impact as we carry out our business operations and our daily lives. It is up to us to ensure that negative impacts are minimized and our final products are beneficial to the environment. As a landscaping company, we feel a strong sense of responsibility to protect the environment in which our industry depends on. We implement sustainable practices in the field and in our offices, the strategic direction we follow, the relationships we develop, and the way we live our lives.
We promote sustainability by:
- Following South Florida’s ‘Best Management Practices’ (BMPs) for landscape maintenance.
- Offsetting our carbon footprint.
- Running propane fueled lawn mowers.
- Recycling all yard waste and other materials where possible.
- Limiting the use of pesticides and looking for bio/natural alternatives.
- Encouraging clients to incorporate sustainability in their landscape.
- Promoting and encouraging natural processes and systems in our designs.
- Taking all practical steps in our on site operations to minimize and mitigate any adverse effects of our activities that may cause environmental damage.
- Using recycled and totally chlorine free paper in our work place.
- Try to minimize the use of paper by reusing printed paper or using paperless communication.
- Actively seek partnerships and have preferred suppliers that have similar environmental values, thus maintaining a “green” supply chain.
Click in the links bellow to see more of our sustainability commitments.